By Bill Read
Oct 25, 2021
Does your Walmart have a Market Fulfillment Center? (MFC)
During some recent travels Bill Read, executive vice president of Retail Specialists, came across a Walmart adding a new Drive Thru Pick up service and a Market Fulfillment Center in the store. An MFC is a partially automated storage and retrieval system for picking and packing orders for pick up or delivery.
- Walmart first tested the system in 2019
- Includes drive-throughs for customer pick up
- A few new locations were announced, such as Jacksonville, FL
- By adding 10-20,000 sq ft to existing delivery and pick up are faster.
- Images of new construction at Turkey Creek Walmart, Knoxville, TN
Retail Update by Bill Read
Industry report on trends with commercial retail real estate.
Researched and written by Bill Read.
About Retail Specialists
Retail Specialists, LLC is the premier retail real estate services firm in the south. We are committed to long-term relationships in property management, retail representation, development, leasing, and brokerage. Founded in 2005, we’ve thrived through tough times and shine under pressure. A unique mix of experience, technology, and data have proven successful in a business we love.